Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Packed and ready to go...maybe

Destination: Egypt
A 10-day sabbatical open to the unexpected.

Alain de Botton in his book “The Art of Travel” begins with a chapter on anticipation. While I have researched and set a tentative schedule for our time in Egypt, I prefer to travel with a spirit open to the possibilities.

At the moment what I most anticipate is time, time away from deadlines and commitments, time with my family, and time to write.

After leaving work tonight and accepting the reality that some projects could not be finished before my departure, I’ve placed guilt about what waits temporarily on hold, and I am now looking forward to this brief escape.

So my new Osprey Kestrel 38 sits packed and ready for what may come.

No sabemos lo que espera, y por eso voy.

No comments: