Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year & I Start Wondering

Ushering in a new year sparks both nostalgia and anticipation. Personally I am ready for 2016 and the adventures that wait.

It was an honor to start the year by being included as a guest contributor on the I Start Wondering website which highlights the journey of lifelong learning. Dorian Martin does a great job of finding “people who continually seek ways to stretch and grow as well as resources on which to reflect.” As she notes, “Ultimately, the goal is to encourage you to invest in your curiosity and to follow Albert Einstein’s advice: ‘You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece.’”

In this New Year, I certainly want to color outside the lines from time to time. I also continue my focus on living lightly and purging the excess in my life to make room for what matters. Already the results yielded some rewards. After almost a month of decluttering and organizing, I now have a creative space to work and pray. 


My first project of 2016, making a memorial shrine box for a friend, was particularly meaningful. It gave me time to pray and honor the memory of her loved ones who died in 2015.

It is indeed joyful to have space to create. The challenge now, to schedule some time for art throughout the year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautifully optimistic. Definetly inspiring.